September 27, 2011

I have friends in America.


We got a little Neighbourhood Safety Team notice in the mail today.  It says “there has recently been a slight rise in Burglary, Theft, and Anti-Social behaviour” on our street.  We are supposed to contact The Team if we have any concerns or if we “witness any Anti-Social Behaviour.”  I mean, sure, this is a little disturbing (almost as disturbing as The Team's excessive capitalization), but I’m probably more worried about getting reported for Anti-Social Behaviour than about getting burglarized.  Don’t report me, neighbors!  I can’t help being Anti-Social—I have no friends here.  (Pity party happening right now, wish you guys could join.) 

(PS.  While Ashley and I can probably take the blame for the neighbourhood's rise in Anti-Social Behaviour, I'd put money down that the terrifying children are responsible for the Burglary and Theft. Especially after I heard our neighbor-lady say/scream to one of the kids, "Where'd you get that money??")

4 comments:

  1. It seems to me that as a New Jerseyican, you'd be intimately familiar with anti social behavior. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe guidos consider themselves very social creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel better, you would actually be asocial, not anti-social. :D

    ReplyDelete