Saturday was a really
nice day, so I went for a run along the canal. About halfway to the park, on a road next to the canal, I
noticed a big group of people gathered around an area cordoned off by police
tape. A line of people were
shoulder to shoulder, on their hands and knees, creeping forward very slowly
down the street. I’m kind of
embarrassed to admit that my first thought was that this was some kind of
protest or hipster demonstration, but then I realized these people must be
looking for something. My thoughts
quickly moved on to other things, and the whole police scene was gone by the
time I was running back that way, so I didn’t think of it again…
…until yesterday, when
I read in the paper on the tube
that the headless and limbless body of an EastEnders actress (EastEnders is a
popular soap opera here) was found IN THE HACKNEY SECTION OF THE CANAL ON
TUESDAY AFTER HAVING BEEN MISSING FOR A WEEK. That is where I was.
Pretty sure that’s what the police scene was all about. It is likely that I ran by her body
somewhere. Really freaked
out. So, so thankful I did not actually
see it. Ugh. More classy times in East London.
No comments:
Post a Comment