After living in London,
I have an entirely new appreciation for this song (and springtime, and summertime, and heat, and the sun). I’m sure
the Beatles were talking about UK weather blues. The winter wasn’t that cold—it was just really dark and
extra blah. Ashley and I diagnosed
ourselves with SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder—really, doctors…I hope you got
a good kick out of that acronym), but we feel it slowly lifting. The sun doesn’t set at 4:00 anymore and
that is a beautiful, beautiful thing.
I think our attitudes are changing too, because we’re realizing we
aren’t actually going to be here forever and we need to make the most of the time
that’s left! I wouldn’t mind canceling British Daylight Savings (they call it British Summer Time)
though. I’ve enjoyed being just 4
hours ahead of the East Coast and 5 hours ahead of Houston. But our time changes this weekend so it
will be back to the normal time difference.
I still plan on writing
posts about our trip to Edinburgh, Maureen’s visit, and our trip to Dublin last
weekend…it will happen...eventually…
No comments:
Post a Comment