For my new project at
work (which I am enjoying about 39875 times more than my pre-Christmas
project), I have to make a bunch of diagrams based on the map of the City of
London. So I’ve stared at the map
of London for many hours and have traced many buildings, roads, pedestrian
routes, bus routes, tube routes, open spaces, conservation areas, etc…lookie
what I found, Arrested Development fans:
![]() |
| MR. F |
It was raining this
morning, which made it really difficult to get out of bed. (I guess I also find it difficult to
get out of bed when the sky is gray, when it’s dark, when it’s light, when it’s
cold, when it’s hot…) I stayed in
bed till 8:30 (theoretically I should be at work at 9…) So I was a little bit of a crazy trying
to get out the door—scrambling to find my umbrella, my rain boots, my
keys. Somehow, I got out the door
and into the steady rain. You know
that thing that happens in movies to people when they are already having a bad
day, when there is that big puddle on the side of the road, and some
inconsiderate car speeds through it, and a large wave of dirty street water
comes up in slow motion and just totally gets that unfortunate person on the
sidewalk? Well, it happens in real
life too, apparently. Good thing I
skipped taking a bath at home. At
least now I had an excuse for my gross hair.
I saw three dogs on
public transportation today, all of which were extremely well behaved. On the train this morning, this girl
next to me was holding a three-month-old Staffordshire terrier puppy. So so cute. Staffordshire terriers are usually the dogs that you see led
around on these big chain leashes by the scary hooded teenage boys here or by
the scary hooded men those boys grow up to be. This puppy was so cute though.
I can’t imagine Daisy would take to public transportation
very well, especially considering her complete loss of sanity at the sight
of windshield wipers. Poor
Daisy. The provincial life for
her.
![]() |
| Catching up with the pup. |


No comments:
Post a Comment