It seems the world will not end today. But it almost ended yesterday with the
earth-shattering news...
MAUREEN GOT HER CARTILAGE PIERCED….AT A TATTOO PARLOR.
SCANDAL IN THE O’CONNOR HOUSE. On the scale of rebellious acts
committed by my sisters and me, this definitely ranks up there. The sad thing is I’m not even kidding.
Best reaction: Patricia, speaking to me. “I’m surprised, but not
shocked. Of the four of us,
Maureen would be the one to do it. I
mean, I definitely would not, Erin DEFINITELY would not, and you could hardly
get your ears pierced at all so…”
(Whatever, Trish. I’m
way more of a badass than you think. So
what if I was too grossed out to get my ears pierced until the summer before my
freshman year of college? So
what.)
Other great reaction: My dad, at the dinner table. Erin, Patricia,
and I are giving Maureen crap about her piercing escapade, but my dad is
clearly confused as to what we are talking about.
Me: “Wait…does Daddy know?”
Maureen: “Oh…no. I
got my cartilage pierced.”
Daddy: (shrugs and makes the face he makes when girl things happen
and there is nothing he can do) “Oh!...ok?”
Maureen...going rogue.
MAVERICK.
ReplyDelete