February 9, 2012

It is an exciting time.

Exciting travel plans in the near future!

This weekend: DIJON, FRANCE (insert French man laugh, it’s too difficult to spell out).  I’m going to see Colleen and I am so excited!!!!!!  We will have wine and cheese and mustard and it will be glorious.  I need to do laundry so I can have a few somewhat stylish outfits to wear—I think the French are a little more concerned about that than the British are.

The following weekend: ROAD TRIP (tentatively planned).  Ashley and I are going to rent a car (somewhat terrifying) (thankfully they have automatic) and drive up to Edinburgh, by way of Liverpool (unless there are adverse road conditions due to snow).  A UK adventure.

St. Paddy’s Day: DUBLIN.  I mean, we’re this close, we’re obviously gonna go to Ireland for St. Paddy’s Day.  We are going to stay with Tatiana, my friend from high school, at Trinity College, so we will be right downtown.  It will be SWEET.  Catherine will also be in Dublin so we will see her as well!!!  And I will give her money for the hostel she had booked for us in Sevilla…or maybe she will accept payment in Guinness?? 

2 comments:

  1. Remember that when driving in the UK, as with crossing the street, everything is the opposite of your experience. Left turns are the short turns, while right turns cross to the farther lane of the intersecting street. Thus, you must look both ways and make a wider turn when making a right turn.

    On the motorways the left lanes are the travel lanes and the right lanes are the passing lanes.

    The car is wider to the left than to the right, which means that one must be more cognizant of the distance from the driver's seat to walls, etc. on the left than would be the case here.

    This means that you must think about what you are doing all the time when driving. You can not do anything "automatically" based on experience, because everything is the opposite of your driving experience.

    This does not mean that you should not drive, because many of us have driven successfully in the UK. It is just meant to be a cautionary reminder of the considerations for driving on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Uncle Pat. We will be sure to be extra careful!!

    ReplyDelete