I regret to report that
I believe I am developing British teeth.
You’ve probably heard of the “British people have bad teeth” phenomenon,
but did you know that one could develop the condition simply by living in the
UK? I did not know this. I was blissfully unaware. I thought I could neglect my retainer
just like I could in America.
Sure, it would hurt a little bit the first time I popped it in after a
while of not wearing it, but it would fit. NOT HERE. Last
night, while I pondered the terrible teeth of a British coworker (there must be
about a quarter inch of space on either side of every tooth in his mouth...he
just can’t have the same number of teeth that I do), I realized I hadn’t worn
my retainer since Gum Graft II (an unfortunate procedure I had in late
July). I went to pop it in, but IT
DID NOT FIT ON MY TEETH. My teeth
have moved too much. I could kind
of get it half on, but it hurt like hell.
I tried to sleep with it that way, hoping my teeth would move enough so I
could get it all the way on eventually, but I woke up in the middle of the
night with the retainer in my hand.
I’m going to try again tonight.
I will not come home with British teeth.
(I actually haven’t been
overwhelmed by the number of people here with bad teeth. But when I do find such people, I
automatically think, “well that makes sense, you’re British.” I can’t help it. Sorry, British people. Stereotypes are tough. I know—I’m from Jersey.)
this blog is captivating. can't. stop. reading.
ReplyDelete