Ashley and I discovered something fairly hilarious at the grocery store this weekend. Sainbury’s sells several of their own brands—“Sainsbury’s Organic”, “by Sainsbury’s”, “Sainbury’s Basics”, to name a few. We were comparing the “by Sainsbury’s” peas with the “Sainsbury’s Basics” peas and trying to figure out why the Basics peas were a pound less. I’m not too sure why we were confused because it’s all right there on the packaging.
 |
| "This delicious bowl of peas can be yours." |
 |
| "We are not going to lie to you." |
The disclaimer caption struck us as a little funny, but we still went with the Basics peas. We then noticed that all the Sainsbury's Basic products carry a similar disclaimer. They are very careful not to over-promise.
 |
| Welp, at least they didn't sneak any green ones in there. |
 |
| Not quite a bitter. |
 |
| Less bacon...not sure I'd make this purchase. |
 |
| I checked the toilet paper, hoping it would have the same caption...but I was disappointed. |
I'm inclined to admire Sainsbury's for their honesty. They are clearly comfortable admitting to selling you a mediocre product.
 |
| I think this is a joke...but I'm not sure. |
how refreshing!
ReplyDelete"using/eating [insert product name] will not kill you, so there's that"
ReplyDelete